Health Tips for International Travelers
Since the epidemic of Novel Coronavirus emerging from Wuhan unfolded in December 2019, the China government has attached great importance to the epidemic situation and has been doing the best to prevent and control the disease outbreak.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially designated the pneumonia as a "public health emergency of international concern" and recommended that it be provisionally named "2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease". At the same time, WHO also declared their strong confidence in China‘s efforts to contain the spread of the virus.
In order to protect international traveler’s physical and mental health, contain the spread of the epidemic and reduce possibility of international disease transmission, China International Travel Healthcare Association issued the following international travel health tips:
1. If not necessary, please postpone your travel plans as much as possible. If your travel plan has to be carried out for any reason, please conduct travel risk assessment according to the relevant announcements of WHO and various governments and formulate practical and feasible travel plan beforehand.
2. When entering or leaving the country, traveler should fill out the Health Declaration card of the People's Republic of China according to government requirements. If you get fever, cough or breathing difficulty or other discomfort, please report to the local customs. Actively cooperate with related departments to conduct personal epidemic prevention inspection and to track and screen the close contact people.
3. Obtain information on the disease situation and the progress of prevention and control through official and authoritative media. Adopt a correct attitude to the situation of prevention and control of diseases and epidemics and jointly maintain public information order.
4. Carry out self-protection scientifically. Don’t be blindly afraid, don’t gather; avoid staying in crowded, airless public places. Ensure to conduct personal protective measurements.
5. In case of any need, please seek help from your local health department，or contact the international travel health care center at your local customs.
Dear international travelers, let us join hands with the international community and the Chinese government to fight against the epidemic.